META Data (Don't change) *** Fill in date field
ALL OUT – INVESTMENT
That word is usually known by people who commit money to something in order to earn a financial return. Do you know why they would sacrifice something now in order to do that? Because they believe in the future. They believe that what they invest in today will bring security for tomorrow. They set goals, they plan, they give, and they believe for a return.
I wonder who thought of such a great idea. Of course, it was our great good God!
This is God’s investment plan:
Luke 6:38 NKJV
Give, [When? Now!] and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.
This means whatever you give—your teaspoonful to God or your shovel—determines your return on your investment account. You are called to live a lifestyle of giving and being generous! No one was more generous than God. His Word says:
Matthew 6:33 KJV
But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and ALL these things shall be added unto you.
What do you seek first what? The Kingdom of God! This means that what you invest in the Kingdom, and how much you seek God Himself, will be an investment in your spiritual account. God will see to it that you will receive a return on your investment. That is a guaranteed return that the world can never offer.
You must recognize that the world tries to copy God’s ways, whether they are aware of it or not. But the world can’t promise you anything. God’s promises, however, are 100% yours. But wait, there’s more!
2 Corinthians 9:10-11 The Message
10 This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God 11 wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God.
He even gives you seed to sow. Try to find a worldly investment company to do that! OUR GOD IS GREATER and more generous!
Look at the steps that even people who don’t have a relationship with God have learned to apply.
- They set goals.
- They plan.
- They give.
- They believe for a return.
So then, you must consider these things:
- Have you laid out goals for yourself before God in your financial planning for the Kingdom? Do you give your full tithe to the storehouse? Do you give offerings? Do you have a goal to give more than you have in the past? Do you give first fruits to the Lord?
- Do you have a plan? Many times people feel they cannot manage even the 10% tithe, but they start with something, believing God will increase their ability to give. And He does! Start somewhere with something, but don’t settle for less than reaching the goal of 10% and offerings. SPIRIT EMPOWERED people never want to “short change” God! Remember, 10% is the requirement. So our goals should be higher!
- Give—and I don’t mean just money. Plug into giving of yourself to learn, to volunteer and to be a part of the vision of the house. Give to others by serving, helping, sharing and let your “God light” shine in the darkness.
- Believe for your harvest! Thank God every day and assure yourself by the Word that it is HIS will for you to be EMPOWERED, to prosper, to increase, and be in health as your soul aligns to His heart!
I think it would be great to start this year out with a vision board that you make for yourself. Choose your giving goals. Choose your prayer goals.
The Word says to write the vision and make it plain (Habakkuk 2:2). How will you know you have reached your goal if you don’t have a goal in mind? Identify your SPIRIT EMPOWERED goals in every area of your life for 2020. Begin to invest. God won’t let you down. He is watching over His Word to perform it! Do your own study regarding God’s will to prosper you! You’ll settle it in your heart. His promises of increase are for you too! Let’s agree in prayer right now.
Father God, I am setting myself into agreement with Your kind of investment plan—the supernatural kind. I am asking You to let me dream with You. I am asking that You help me set the goals and plans, and I am thanking You that You are my God, my source, my faithful God who gives me seed to sow.
I pledge to You that I am aligning with Your heart to be a giver, not a withholder. Help me, Lord, so that I will be one who is willing to give away my life to find it—and with a bonus and blessing besides!
Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back — given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity.
I come into agreement with ALL my brothers and sisters for their vision to be fulfilled too,
In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Take some time to reflect on what you just read by answering these questions in the comment section below:
- What was your “aha” moment from today?
- Do you have questions about today’s Fasting Guide or need further clarification? Write out your question(s) here.